Citizenship Day 2019
Saturday, April 13
San Jose City College map
2100 Moorpark Ave,
San Jose CA 95128
Help hundreds of immigrants become U.S. Citizens!
We are recruiting community members, attorneys, paralegals, translators, law students, high school students, and college students to help with our largest naturalization workshop of the year. Volunteers will assist with registration, logistics, form filling (N-400) and attorney review. Event parking is $3 or you can find street parking.
Multilingual (especially those that speak Spanish, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Tagalog) volunteers and those with previous naturalization experience are particularly needed.
All new volunteers will need to attend a 2-hour training. Previous volunteers who have not participated in a naturalization workshop or attended a training in the past 12 months are also required to attend a 2-hour training.
If you have attended a training in the past 12 months, are an immigration attorney, or are under 18 years of age, training is optional. Otherwise, please register and arrive the day of the event.
Volunteer trainings will be provided on the following dates in preparation for Citizenship Day on April 13:
- Wednesday, 4/3 – 6:00pm-8:00pm (Center for Employment Training)
- Saturday, 4/6 – 9:00am-11:00am (Catholic Charities)
- Wednesday, 4/10 – 6:00pm-8:00pm (Asian Law Alliance)
If cannot attend a training, please email Minh-Chau Nguyen at [email protected].
To sign up for a volunteer training, follow these steps:
- Under the question "Have you volunteered at a citizenship workshop in the past 12 months?", click "No".
- Under the question "Have you participated in a citizenship workshop orientation in the past 12 months?", click "No".
- Proceed to choose an orientation in the drop down list.
Sign up today!
For questions, please contact Minh-Chau Nguyen at [email protected]
Asian Law Alliance